F15 - 640MB RAM Requirement Issue

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat May 28 20:43:17 UTC 2011

On 05/28/2011 01:22 PM, Kam Leo wrote:
> It's a trade-off. If you have a fast internet connection but a slow
> processor you might actually be better off downloading the full rpm
> instead of waiting for your processor to decompress and/or merge the
> deltas.

True.  However, I inferred from what the OP wrote that the download time
was an issue.  And, if you stop and think about it, it probably is.  F
15 just came out; lots of people have just upgraded to it and are
sucking down whatever updates have come out since F 15 was finalized.
This can be slowing down the downloads until things stabilize.  If so,
presto can be a big help.