VirtualBox problem in F15

David dgboles at gmail.com
Sat May 28 22:48:01 UTC 2011

> On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 17:16 -0400, David wrote:

>>> Good idea, but it didn't help in my case.
>>

>> There are two steps to the Extension Pack.
>>
>> 1) install it in the VBox GUI
>>
>> 2) *Run it* in the VM.
>>
>> Did you do that too?
>
> How do I run it in the VM if the VM won't start?

Sorry I got here late and I have missed that part. 'Looks shamefully
down at his feet'.

>From the GUI does > File > Virtual Media manager menu offer you the
option to 'delete' the VM. *Careful here* because you *remove* the
config listing (it says release (means disconnect) and then *remove*
(means remove from listing from the config) and then *delete* the files
to this you say *no*. A yes here would delete the VM.

Then you can add it back (might take a recreate with the option to use
an existing VM') to the GUI 'Storage' section.

I had something similar to what you describe and this fixed it for me.

Good luck. Get back. Hopefully with a success! story.  :-) Hope I helped
and willing to help more if needed.
--

  David