VirtualBox problem in F15

Gary Waters linuxnutster at videotron.ca
Sat May 28 23:14:15 UTC 2011

> On Sat, 2011-05-28 at 18:18 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:

>>> Cerainly. I started using the 4.x series on F14 and already dealt with this.
>>>
>>> I'm afraid it doesn't do anything for my original problem though (Ed has
>>> a USB problem; I don't or at least have no indication that I do since I
>>> can't get that far).
>>>
>>> poc
>>>

>> Once I had everything in place I had to go into the setttings for each
>> VDI and add USB filters for each device. Once I did that everything fell
>> into place perfectly.
>
> Once again: thanks all the same but I do not have a problem with USB. My
> original question has nothing to do with USB, in fact it doesn't even
> mention it. If I get as far as being able to run my VM then perhaps I
> *will* have a USB problem, though I don't think so. If that day comes
> then I'll be sure to ask again.
>
> poc

My heartfelt apologies. I saw the word USB everywhere and figured,
naturally, that USB was involved. None of my VDI's worked either. I
simply removed, hit new, and re-added them with "use existing hard
disk." Everything fell into place. I'm sure this will be of little
assistance, but I enjoy typing into the great void.

GW