F15 - 640MB RAM Requirement Issue

Misha Shnurapet shnurapet at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 29 15:46:28 UTC 2011

29.05.2011, 13:57, "Joe Zeff" <joe at zeff.us>:
> On 05/28/2011 09:43 PM, Freak Trick wrote:
>
>>  But, I hope that further installers do not discontinue the installations
>>  when minimum requirements are not met.
>
> Why?  What reason would there be for the installer to continue if the
> system doesn't have enough RAM for the installer to complete the
> installation or there's not enough free space on the hard disk to put
> everything (plus scratch space for the installer to work)?

There is no reason to continue an installation guaranteed to fail.

What has been disputed lately is that the installer needs that amount of the system resource to run. That raises the question why the installer prevents installations on machines that meet system requirements for full Fedora 15 with GNOME or whatever but not being able to run the installer. And a possible solution is already being searched for.

--
Best regards,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Shnurapet