Raid Monitor -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun May 29 18:13:41 UTC 2011

On 29/05/11 12:55, john wendel wrote:
> On 05/28/2011 06:15 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>>           One of the items that my F-15 boot process stalls for a few
>>           seconds at:
>>
>>               "Started LSB: Start and stop the MD software raid monitor"
>>
>>           That doesn't sound like something I need since I don't have a
>>           raid system. Is there something I can disable or remove to
>>           eliminate that?
>>
>>           Bob
>>

> chkconfig mdmonitor off
>
> John

        Thanks, that worked. It now zips through the boot process except
        for one new stalling point:

            /FS-Cache: netfs 'nfs' registered for caching/

        I tried turning off netfs too but it still stops at the same
        point, apparently nfs is causing that and I want it to connect
        to the nfs server.

        I'll keep chipping away and eventually get a smooth boot.

        Bob