Why no icons? Was, Re: How to switch back to metacity

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Sun May 29 18:26:54 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 21:16 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>   I just know of reports of it working with the
> latest version.  For instance
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/virtualbox-408-released-with-gnome.html

Seems to be a very delicate thing. In that case, they are talking about
Vbox running with F15 as the host OS and an Ubuntu 11.04 guest running
Gnome Shell. What I am trying to do (basically following those
instructions) is to run an F15 guest with Vbox running on an F14 host
desktop. That has not worked other than in fallback mode, even with "3D
acceleration" checked.

--Greg