No ethernet connection -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 30 09:35:54 UTC 2011

New F-15 install.

        How is the ethernet connection made/assigned, whatever? I made
        some changes via chkconfig and lost eth0 and eth1. Ethtool
        simply reports no devices. Is there a routine for setting up
        eth"x" or does it just have to happen automatically? That seems
        unlikely.

        I keep thinking it's simpler to re-install than mess with
        troubleshooting some of these problems, perhaps F14 which I know
        works for me. It is a learning experience however, if nothing
        else I am learning what not to do!

        Help appreciated.

        Bob