Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon May 30 21:30:04 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 20:46, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 12:28 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> Easy for you to say when you don't have the problem, and I wish you
>> never have a similar problem. Then I'd be interested to see your
>> response. In the meant time please see my other posts.
>
> I've had problems with upgrades, installations and updates a few times.
>   Each time I did, I started out with the presumption that the trouble
> was at my end, and not a system-wide failure of the distro in question.
>   Not once was I forced to change that assumption.  And, because I
> didn't start out by channeling Chicken Little, I was able to get all the
> help I needed in a prompt and timely manor.  HTH, HAND.

Well, I could say the same, but this problem is an order of magnitude
more complicated than anything I have experienced using Fedora in 8+
years, is that chicken little?. Although some of the other responses
have made clear that some important underlying changes have been made
Fedora 14 -> 15, and any one of these could be the cause of my problem.
Therefore I cautiously recommend a fresh install of Fedora 15, rather
than trying a yum update, (which was my original warning), and this
makes updating my laptop a much more time consuming process. Your name
calling, whether it be Chicken Little, Hysteria, or whatever, certainly
doesn't help, or inspire confidence. Especially as you may well find
yourself with a similar order of magnitude type problem, and face
similar responses.

cpp4ever