how to enable SPICE?

Matias Kreder delete at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 31 21:09:36 UTC 2011

Hi,

For me it looks like SPICE was coming with Fedora 15:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SpiceInVirtManager

but after upgrading and switching one of my VM's to Spice instead of VNC I get:

Error starting domain: internal error Process exited while reading
console log output: qemu: -spice
port=5900,addr=127.0.0.1,disable-ticketing: there is no option group
"spice"
spice is not supported by this qemu build.

I have tried both hypervisors "qemu" and "qemu-kvm".

virt-manager has support for SPICE, but our qemu/kvm didn't come with
spice? I upgraded from F14, probably something was not installed...

Regards
Matias