Not enough info, so no point

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue May 31 23:35:58 UTC 2011

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:

> For my PC
>
> Fedora 15 update fails
>
> Fedora 15 install CD fails to boot
>
> Fedora 15 Live KDE fails to boot
>
> All fail to finish initialising hardware.

If I had had your experience
(and I have had much worse, though not with Fedora-15)
I would probably try:

1. Try to install in text mode.
(My guess would be that your problem is with the graphics driver.)
I'm not sure if text mode is explicitly offered any more,
as it used to be?

[If I could find no other way, and had Fedora-14 on the machine,
I would abstract vmlinuz and initrd.img from the Fedora-15 DVD ISO
(by running " mount -o loop Fedora...iso /mnt")
copy them to /boot and add a stanza to grub.conf to call them
with a line like "kernel /vmlinuz text",
or else run grub interactively.]

2. Try the Fedora-15 netinstall CD.

--
Timothy Murphy