Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:15:37 UTC 2011

2011/11/7 Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:23, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> why in the world do you or anybody believe
>> that this will repair all sort of potentially fs-errors of real life
>> like power lost in the wrong moment?
>
> do you live in a war zone? the forest? hurricane zone? or any other place
> where the power goes out unexpectedly all the time and/or a strange place
> where power supplies blow out out of the blue? (as has been hinted earlier
> in this thread)
> I don´t know about you but I don´t use to pull the plug from the ac socket
> on my desktops (which have an UPS anyway) or remove the battery on my laptop
> while working...

lol. Well... no one is holding you back from running it... but if you
tried to bring that up as arguments why others should run it i have to
honestly say you failed big time, and since you are lobbying that fs
that strongly i am curious:

How many machines with how much storage and how much IO (what
percentage read/write) do you run it on for what timeframe?
Why do you run it?
Which versions do you deploy?
How critical are those machines to your infrastructure?

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl