Working with grub2... update-grub in F16 ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 03:21:31 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:

> The second way is to edit /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, locate the line
> starting with "linux" of the newest kernel, and add the kernel
> argument ("usbhid.quirks=0x0eef:0x725e:0x40") to the end.

a) The banner at the top of the grub.cfg file says "Do not edit"

b) I suspect that if its added to /etc/default/grub, it will get added
to every new kernel when its added or booted.   Adding it manually to
grub.cfg does not accomplish that.

Thanks for your reply.