How to run preupgrade?

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 14:31:31 UTC 2011

    suvayu> On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:57, Colin Paul Adams <colin at colina.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >> Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button
    >> to re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as
    >> normal. How do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?

    suvayu> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F16_bugs#Upgrade_from_Fedora_14_to_Fedora_16_with_preupgrade_leaves_bootloader_in_previous_configuration>

    suvayu> I was hit by this too. You can find the anaconda log file in
    suvayu> /root/.  If you look at the error you can see why it
    suvayu> fails. If it is a grubby error then you got hit by the above
    suvayu> bug.

    suvayu> The solution is to hand edit and correct grub.conf.

Thanks. I can't find any log in /root dated 2011. But it certainly
sounds like this error.

The bug says a new preupgrade will be released shortly. I think I should
wait for that, although I don't know how to find out when it is
available (I added myself to the CC list, so that should do the trick, i
hope).

Presumably if I yum erase preupgrade, and then install and run it again
when the new preupgrade is on the mirrors, it should just work.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire