F16: cannot set bridge network device for libvirtd

Pavel Lisy pali at tmapy.cz
Wed Nov 9 19:05:46 UTC 2011

Hello

I've tried to set bridge for libvirtd but it hasn't worked.

I want have p37p1 (with IP address) managed through NetworkManager and
bridge br0 (without IP) attached to p37p1

brctl addbr br0
brctl addif br0 p37p1
brctl stp br0 on

breaks ping through p37p1 and
ethtool br0
says link is off

Or I have working bridge but NetworkManager thinks p37p1 is inactive and
I can't work in gnome (evolution, firefox, ...)

Is there advice for Fedora 16 how to make bridge for libvirt?

Howto for Fedora 15 is obsolete. You cannot disable
NetworkManager.service because network.service doesn't exist anymore.

Pavel