limitations of fedorapeople.org

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:50:29 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 22:09:22 +0530,
>  Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought to this, whether wget supports retrieving specified blocks
>> of files. But I couldn't find a proper arguments to test that.
>
> --header allows you to add arbitary http headers. I think you can just
> add a range header, but there might be some complications.

This time I tried to download the live CD iso

$ wget --header "Range: bytes=100-500"
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/16/Live/i686/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso

It keeps on retrying, following is one of the attempts

--2011-11-10 16:48:53--  (try: 8)
http://mirror.de.leaseweb.net/fedora/linux/releases/16/Live/i686/Fedora-16-i686-Live-Desktop.iso
Connecting to mirror.de.leaseweb.net|2a00:c98:2010:1:1:face:d06:f00d|:80...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 206 Partial Content
Retrying.

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda