Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 10 18:42:30 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:06 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
> Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
> noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
> even though we're about done with 2011.
>
> Example (bottom/footer of the page):
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb

Well, if the information on the pages hasn't been changed since the date
was written on them, then there's no reason to change the date.  And,
really speaking, it'd be dishonest to keep changing the date on static
pages.  The date merely points out when the information was copyrighted.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.