SystemD - F-16

Fedora User fedoradch at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:37:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 08:34:59 -0700
stan <gryt2 at q.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 09:17:41 -0500
> Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 22:15:00 -0700
> > Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > > systemctl list-unit-files
> > >
> > > give you any of what you are looking for?
> >
> > That tells me what units are available, not
> > what units are enabled to be started at boot.
>
> How about
> systemctl -a -t service | less
> and if you want only active services
> systemctl -a -t service | grep -e " active " | less
> or inactive similarly
> systemctl -a -t service | grep -e " inactive " | less

SystemD fixes what weren't broke ;-) Seriously. It's easier to
eliminate it all and just script everything in rc.local. The increasing
and pointless esoterica is making it impossible for people to migrate
to Fedora and that is very unfortunate. Presumably, a new install still
runs setup which includes services -- but only SysV?
system-config-services no longer does anything.

An old Linux value used to be that simple and straightforward is
elegant. This is inelegant.