Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 17:51:22 UTC 2011

On 11/13/2011 09:14 PM, inode0 wrote:

> You are both correct but you are looking at the result from different
> perspectives. Many technical improvements do happen and they are
> admired by those who *later* use them in an enterprise distribution.
> At the same time many of those same improvements are despised by
> direct users of Fedora. Bringing value to the enterprise and bringing
> value to the Fedora desktop user are two very different things.

False dichotomy.

As a full time user of Fedora for several years, I value new
technologies directly in Fedora and I am proud these same technologies
have a wide impact in other distributions and in the enterprise in
future releases.  I see it as a important part of Fedora's culture.

> One thing that is meaningful is that the Fedora Project has many
> people who believe Fedora is becoming less relevant to its defined
> target audience. And those who believe this aren't just end users of
> Fedora.

Sure.  Point me to any large distribution who doesn't have such users or
contributors.

Rahul