Free Space fluctuations - Home directory Weirdness

Martin Airs martin at airs.me.uk
Sun Nov 13 20:53:12 UTC 2011

On Sunday 13 Nov 2011 15:38:43 Gary Waters wrote:
> The offending file appears to be /home/admin/.cache/tracker/meta.db-wal
>
> What in the name of the sweet lawd jaysus is that? How do I rectify
> this? I'm kinda from planet noobie at this level..

aaah, that tracker thing is like strigi for kde, it indexes all your files for
fast searching i think, The way I stopped it was to yum install tracker-ui-
tools (which isn't installed by) default, and took out the directories it
scans in there, and it doesn't start anymore for me, or you can just get rid
of the relevant .desktop files in /etc/xdg/autostart, but they'll reappear
after updates.

try tracker-ui-tools first and then you'll have a preferences tool to
hopefully shut it off

Martin