Yum Error

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 20:50:22 UTC 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 11:55:39 -0800, JG (Joel) wrote:

> I've been getting the following error when running yum update today:
>
> Could not get metalink
> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-released-f16&arch=x86_64
> error was
> 14: Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid
> Could not get metalink
> https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=updates-testing-f16&arch=x86_64
> error was
> 14: Peer cert cannot be verified or peer cert invalid
>
> Can someone explain these messages or, better yet, tell me what to do about them?

If you run with updates-testing enabled, pay extra attention to any threads
about test-updates and comments on test-updates in the Fedora Updates System.
There has been a faulty nss update:
  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2011-15612
You may need to downgrade those packages temporarily.