Trends - how to save Fedora ?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Nov 14 23:23:49 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, Joe Zeff <joe at zeff.us> said:
> On 11/14/2011 02:51 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > Anaconda's "custom partitioning" did not allow me to partion the
> > partions as I had wanted to.
>
> Have you reported this as a bug?  If not, why not?

Anaconda has never given you the ability to control partition layout,
beyond the "force to be a primary partition" checkbox.  If you want
partition in a specific order, or certain partitions as extended, you've
always had to partition manually (even in a kickstart, you have to
partition in %pre to get a specific layout).  The anaconda developers
don't think you have any need to determine your own layout.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>