Fedora - time to blink

Alexander Volovics a.volovic at upcmail.nl
Thu Nov 24 09:28:34 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 12:01:44PM -0800, Joe Zeff wrote:

> Descriptions by people like him of what Gnome 3 was going to be are why
> I don't use Gnome any more.  It's clearly gone down a path I don't want

Joe

With a little work Gnome 3.2 can be adapted to a desktop that
you should have no trouble working with (and liking (maybe)).

Stop with the criticism and take a look at Linux Mint 12 RC.
This clearly is Gnome 3.2 but with all the 'missing features'
of Gnome 2 you and others are complaining about.

The Mint people clearly took the trouble to make Gnome 3 more
Gnome 2 like to 'ease the transition'.

Fedora didn't but it can still come and I suspect you could
even do it yourself if you really cared.

Alexander