Fedora - time to blink

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:34:58 UTC 2011

Craig White <craigwhite <at> azapple.com> writes:

> On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 22:25 +0000, JB wrote:
> > The above mentioned stats (see other thread) reflect that; that they show
> > almost half of Fedora sites migrated to other distros/OSs is not so
> > surprsising considering its "test system OS" state, but that a similar size
> > flight affected RH products confirms exactly what I say about the flawed
> > products offering model.
> ----
> people come, people go, people come back too. Such is the life of a
> world with free choices.
> ----

So, this is your answer to reality biting ?
If this is your reaction to a customers/users flight of this magnitude then
I can only say you are a part of a "dead poet" society.

> > That's why I said it here and in the other (stats) thread it is time to
> > blink and reconstitute RH-controlled Fedora project for the new goal.
> > Yes, it is time to catch up with reality.
> ----
> How can you be so arrogant to presume that you can cause a fundamental
> shift in Fedora without even bothering to be directly involved with the
> project itself? Believe it or not, there actually is a governing board
> and a structure of developers who actually invest their time and energy
> into making Fedora whatever Fedora is and yours is just a peanut gallery
> lament.

Well, the reality is giving strong signals. Making the governing bodies and
open/public project community aware of a negative trend is not an act of
arrogance.
What the hell are you talking about ?

> You are largely irrelevant, somewhat absurd and probably best ignored -
> sorry, I tried.

But you are not sure ...

JB