Fedora - time to blink

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 17:34:36 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 11:09 -0500, Matt Rose wrote:
> Ever since I switched back to Fedora from
> Ubuntu, I hate the fact that I have to tweak my DE to hell and back
> before
> I can use it efficiently after every upgrade, I have to install a
> decent
> font, I have to go into gconf-editor to configure focus-follows-mouse,
> and
> any number of annoying manual steps just to get a desktop that rivals
> what
> Ubuntu gives me out of the box.

Once again we see issues with Gnome 3 being laid at Fedora's door. I
haven't used Gnome since the days of KDE 2 (yes 2, not even 3), so all
this is somewhat of a sideshow as far as I'm concerned. No doubt it's a
deep and important issue for Gnome users, but it's *not* a problem with
Fedora as such.

poc