wither pnmtops and pnmcrop

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Nov 26 03:27:28 UTC 2011

On 25Nov2011 20:28, Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
| Unable to figure out how to do what I wanted in gimp,
| I went looking for pnmcrop.
| I had gimp out because I hadn't been able to find pnmtops.
| Cropping stumped me, so I went looking again.
| Eventually I figured out that I didn't have the right package installed.
| yum provides told me netpbm.
| yum install netpbm ran to completion without complaint,
| but I still don't have any netpbm tools.
| I even did a find from / as root.
| Not there.
| What is going on and how do I fix it?
|
| I'm running FC14.

Hmm. I have an FC12 box here where pnmtops comes from "netpbm-progs".
"yum info netpbm" and "yum info netpbm-progs" says the former is the
library and the latter a bunch of scripts built on it.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Why is it so hard for people to simply leave people alone? But, the answer
comes to me: they are idiots and in a perfect world, I would be permitted to
kill them all.  - Julie Rhodes <jk.rhodes at asacomp.com>