Fedora - time to blink

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Sat Nov 26 10:24:48 UTC 2011

Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 22:58 +0100, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>
>> License restrictions are one thing, but IMO Fedora did mistakes in
>> free SW preference too - e.g. in each version of Fedora for several
>> recent years I had to replace cripled and unmaintained wodim with
>> original cdrtools, because otherwise I won't able burn CD/DVD media.
> ----
> ah but it was exactly licensing issues that caused the fork of cdrtools
> into wodim...
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cdrkit
>
> That said, it might have been more productive to file bugs against wodim
> for things that haven't worked for you.
>
> Craig

It is far simpler for me build cdrtools package and have fine result
in several minutes. And especially about wodim there was/is many
bugreports and as I wrote, it was basically unmaintained.

But, I don't only criticise Fedora. When cdrtools is insuitable for
Fedora, then probably may be in rpmfusion repos, and I can maintain
it there. If so, can anyone give me any directions how do it?

Regards, Franta Hanzlik