Fedora - time to blink

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Nov 27 14:27:12 UTC 2011

> On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 13:30 -0500, Matt Rose wrote:
>> As well, KDE's track record on this is not exactly stellar.  KDE4 was
>> basically unusable up until 4.3 or so.
>
> I'd dispute that. I've used KDE 4 since it came out and never had major
> problems with it (other than completely missing the point of the whole
> Activities stuff, easily solved by ignoring it). The chest-beating about
> the supposed disaster that was KDE 4 always seemed to me somewhat over
> the top, but YMMV.

I suppose people have different tolerances but for me KDE 4, when
launched was a train-wreck. It just didn't feel finished. Which was a
shame as I'd been a long time user of KDE since 2000 or so. I switched
to Gnome at that time. Thanks to Gnome 3 I may well be heading back. The
irony. :-)

--
Ian Chapman.