Fedora - time to blink

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:49:30 UTC 2011

Tim <ignored_mailbox <at> yahoo.com.au> writes:

> On Sun, 2011-11-27 at 22:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > User interface research is what I suggested.  Not surveys.  I don't
> > really think this list is a reasonable sample.  Mailing list tends to
> > attract a specific type of audience.  You have to be knowledgeable
> > enough to subscribe and follow the list and be interested enough to
> > participate regularly.  You can compare and contrast this to say even
> > a forum to know the difference.
>
> And then there's the point of view that it's a community project, and
> this is the forum for that community, and *significant* numbers of this
> community are saying that it sucks.  Yet we're being told we're wrong,
> it doesn't suck, by a few with their fingers in their ears.

Exactly.

Yes, the topic of the thread is still alive ...

Users and Testers,
this is time of awakening and "Fedora Spring" !

Demand accountability from, and representation on, Fedora's governing bodies.
If that means reconstitution of the project, so be it, if it will serve you
well.

Stop the hemorrhaging of this distro.
Restore meaning to "OS product" (as opposite to a "test system OS").
Say "yes" to UNIX (it is your friend), features that enhance (evolve) what is
already there, embrace stability as a goal.

Avanti !

But I am actually not here ...
JB

Opera "Andrea Chénier" by Umberto Giordano.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSB34QfKiw