Printing at 600 dpi makes everything twice as big

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Wed Nov 30 16:53:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 10:06 +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-11-30 at 00:58 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
> > > Any suggestions?
>
> Could you please try a different driver?  In particular, the
> Foomatic/hl1250 driver is the recommended driver for this model.  Does
> that give you any better results?
>
> How is it that you're using the Gutenprint driver?

Using the Foomatic/hl1250 driver cures the problem.
"Print with Gutenprint" in Gimp has the same problem.
It looks like a bug in the Gutenprint driver, at least for this printer.
Do you think I should file it on the Cups Bugzilla.

I'm not sure exactly why I used the Gutenprint driver.  As best I
remember it, when I upgraded to Fedora-16, which was done with a full
install on Nov. 9th, either Gutenprint was the default driver for the
printer, or was recommended, or no driver was recommended.

Thanks - jon