Unable to connect to the Internet through wireless

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 1 12:43:05 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 16:41:17 +0800,
  jinwei <jinwei0930 at gmail.com> wrote:
> first sorry about my poor English ! i try my best to explain my problem
> clearly!
> i use the broadcom4312(14e4 4315) 802.11b/g wireless adapter
> i have compiled the source code from the broadcom's official website
> acroding to their help file(read me)!
> Now the mod is loaded & i can see the wifi
> but the problem is i can not access to any wifi,instead,it always
> show"be accessing to"& a few seconds later,failed!
> Dose anyone happen to the same situation before? Help Me!

I am pretty sure the normal kernel driver supports 4312s. (kernel.org
is still out, so I can't easily double check this right now.)
I am not sure if the open firmware supplied by Fedora will work in
4312s though. The site's web page doesn't specifically claim to work
with that model.

So at worst, you should be able to get a copy of needed firmware (Broadcom's
firmware is not redistributable) and not mess with the driver. There are
instructions on how to get a copy of Broadcom's firmware here:
http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras