Testing required for deluge systemd unit files

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 20:15:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written unit files for deluge to be used with systemd. There are
> two unit files:
>
> deluged.service[1]: for the deluged daemon
> deluge-web.service[2]: for the web ui
>
> As far as I know,
> - they need to be copied to /lib/systemd/system
> - systemctl daemon-reload
> - systemctl start deluged.service
> - systemctl start deluge-web.service
>
> I'm not a deluge user so I don't know how the daemon etc function. I'll
> be grateful if someone could test these and provide feed back. I have a
> novice level knowledge of systemd, so all modifications to these files
> are welcome, as always. :)
>
> [1] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/deluge/deluged.service
> [2] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/deluge/deluge-webui.service

Since you sent this to the user list instead of the devel list you may
get more testers if you provided a test package. That way, regardless
of of result, it's easy to get back to the current release. Also, I'm
not sure what problem would be created by having both a sysv init
script and systemd unit file installed at the same time.

Richard