Pavilion dv6-3225dx under F14 -- mouse problems

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 6 01:54:21 UTC 2011

On 10/5/2011 2:43 PM, gary artim wrote:
> I've tried various drivers and distros -- had a driver working under
> gentoo (xf86-input-synaptics-1.3.0). I thinks the clickpad is a
> complicated device that has not been fully reverse engineered. SuSe
> has it working to an extent. I had an envy which i sold because of it.

Gary:

Thanks for the reply.

I ran a test with Ubuntu and had the same problem. Followed the "How to
get both T520 trackpoint and touchpad working in F15" while digging
around on the web and found enough information that I think I understand
one needs to try something in an xorg.conf.d *.conf file. I worked out
what seemed to be the best info I could get online ... and then got
wiped out by a case of bronchitis and decided it was the wrong time to
try it.

If anyone expresses an interest, I'll post what I was going to try for
feedback/corrections once I've rejoined the human race. The touchpad is
"Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad v7.4".

For what it is worth, I have a niece who is really hoping I can't solve
the problem and have to give up on that computer (smile).

Paul