Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Heinz Diehl htd at fritha.org
Thu Oct 6 16:27:13 UTC 2011

On 06.10.2011, Per Anton Rønning wrote:

> I downloaded the latest Firefox, and the latest Java as well. But now FF
> crashes when trying to start Java Plugin. My internet banking logon
> application is a good example, but it also crashes when trying to check
> if Java is correctly installed form the Java homepage (Oracle).

Works for me.

[htd at wildsau ~]$ rpm -qa | egrep 'java|firefox'
java_cup-0.11a-6.fc15.noarch
firefox-7.0.1-1.fc15.x86_64
tzdata-java-2011i-1.fc15.noarch
java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0-35.fc15.x86_64
java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-59.1.10.3.fc15.x86_64

> I Tried to go back to my previous Firefox (FF 3), but to no avail.

FF3 is rather old, have you considered to upgrade?

> So far I am unsuccessful. I have browsed the net and found many
> references to this problem, but no clue to a fix. So I hope some of you
> guys may have something.

It's quite possible that what you encounter is a compatibility problem.
Du burde virkelig vurdere å oppgradere, om det er mulig for deg.