Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Per Anton Rønning pa-ronn at online.no
Sat Oct 8 09:36:05 UTC 2011

Deepak Bhole wrote:
> Is there a reason why you can't upgrade to a newer Fedora version?
> Fedora 9 has been long unsupported, and there has been tremendous
> progress on the IcedTea plug-in since then.
>
> Cheers,
> Deepak

There is no particular reason, except the work involved. I have to
rescue all my emails (I'm using Seamonkey as my mail client which must
be reinstalled as well), and I have to locate where Firefox is hiding my
bookmarks. I've been looking for those, but I have not been succesful so
far. I spend as little time as possible on such system management tasks.
Also I have to get hold of Fedora 13 (?) - could it be installed from a
memory stick? Since I am running F9 I guess I cannot upgrade, I have to
install from bottom up, so I have to back up everything I do not want to
lose. You may call me lazy, which is not far from the truth.
Silly enough, this has made me postpone the inevitable.

Regards
PA