Upgrading to F16 Beta

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 20:13:49 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 02:47 PM, JD wrote:

> Seems to me that the upgrade process itself
> should be better scripted on the release DVD/CD
> to take care of such problems, including cleaning
> up of orphaned packages, and synching of packages.
> Such a script would be a great help to newbs and
> non-techies.
> I hope someone on the fedoraproject's release engineering
> team notices this post.

You dont need any scripts.  If you upgrade, the previous settings will
be preserved and there is no need to change unless you want to.  In any
case, writing these scripts is not release engineering's job.  If
needed, it should be part of something like preupgrade.   Everyone is
welcome to volunteer and get it done.

Rahul