Upgrading to F16 Beta

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 09:34:24 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 13:29, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. Newbs and non-techies need scripts.

User-friendly, they´ve heard of it.
And I don´t mean the comic user-friendly.org

Even IBM learned a thing or two in the transition from the
business-centric OS/2 2.x to OS/2 Warp... hence scripts for common
taks were included like rebuild.cmd to rebuild desktop icons in case
of mess up or setvga.cmd to switch back to vga mode and drivers from
the command line.

Last I knew there was no such script to accomplish such mundane task in x.org

(last time I needed to do that, which was a long time ago).

But I´m getting older and I don´t feel the need to argue. Those that
do not learn from past mistakes are doomed to repeat ´em..

FC