Current F15 kernels + proprietary nVidia driver ? kmod, akmod, x11 config.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 11 13:19:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-10-11 at 08:05 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Since the kernel is not dependent on kmod packages then the kernel
> will get updated regardless of kmod availability. Until the new kernel
> is installed then the dependency of the kmod is not met, which is why
> they don't get installed until the 2nd update run.

Still don't recall that, either.  If, when I did a yum update, there was
a kernel and kmod update, they were both downloaded and installed.  The
kmod download and install didn't depend on the new kernel being already
installed.  In both cases there were updates for already installed
packages (e.g. kernel and nvidia kmod, never mind which versions), so
they were applied.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686