Java crashes in Mozilla Firefox

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 11:11:59 UTC 2011

On 12 October 2011 10:25, Per Anton Rønning <pa-ronn at online.no> wrote:
> Deepak Bhole wrote:
>> * Per Anton Rønning <pa-ronn at online.no> [2011-10-11 15:50]:

>>> Hi Deepak,
>>> Sorry it did not go well:
>>> [root at localhost java]# yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
>>> Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit
>>> http://dl.atrpms.net/f9-i386/atrpms/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno
>>> 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>>> Trying other mirror.
>>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
>>> atrpms. Please verify its path and try again
>>>

>> You need to disable the atrpms repo. You can check what the name is in
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/* (one of those files will be for atrpms). You can then
>> set enable=0 there, or run:
>>
>> yum --disablerepo=<reponame> install java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin

> Yes, atrpms.repo is present in directory /etc/yum.repos.d. Still, whar
> happens is:
>
> [par at localhost java]$ yum --disablerepo=/etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo
> install java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin
> Loaded plugins: priorities, refresh-packagekit

Just the repository name, in this case I think:
yum --disablerepo=atrpms install java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin

Add extra --dsiablerepo=NAME for any other third party repositories it
can't find (I guess they've ddropped support for Fedora 9).

If you don't know the name you can get it either from the name yum
reports when trying to get the metadata (e.g. the "[...]  for
repository: atrpms" bit above) or from the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/
(where repository names are in square brackets within the files).

Finally if you still can't get yum working (but you really should be
able to) then you can download the java-1.6.0-openjdk and
java-1.6.0-openjdk-plugin RPMS from
http://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases/9/Everything/i386.newkey/os/Packages/

--
imalone