Yep, names like p4p1 are soooo much better than eth0 :-(

Mike Wohlgemuth mjw at woogie.net
Thu Oct 13 01:43:24 UTC 2011

On 10/12/2011 09:35 PM, Robert Myers wrote:
> Forget it.  Computer software types understand neither physics nor
> mathematics, nor, for the most part, how computers actually work.
>
> In order for this sub-species to survive emotionally, it is necessary
> for them to have control over something.  Since they don't understand
> anything they don't control arbitrarily, arbitrary changes are the
> price we pay for the services of these geniuses.

Can you please cut this crap out?  Can all the people on this list that
feel the need to insult Fedora and its devs please choose another
distribution to use and unsubscribe from this list?  Adults have better
things to do than to slog through this kind of ugliness.

The adults also realize that Fedora already has a process pretty much
exactly as Thomas described, and participate in it if they want to.

Thanks
Mike