f16 beta: kerberos credentials expired

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 19:12:01 UTC 2011

On 10/13/2011 12:53 PM, Ian Malone wrote:
> Hi,
>
> F16 beta, whenever I log in, tells me "Network credentials have
> expired" or, as the message puts it, "Your Kerberos credentails have
> expired." (sic). I didn't know I had any up to this point. Choosing
> list tickets in the notification shows I don't have any tickets,
> choosing get ticket brings up an error message saying "Kerberos
> Authentication Error" and "Couldn't acquire kerberos ticket: Cannot
> resolve network address for KDC in realm "EXAMPLE.COM"'."
>
> Does anyone know why this might happen?
>
> Thanks
It is happening because of one of two things. Either the
krb5-auth-dialog is broken and isn't recognizing that krb5_cc for the
user doesn't exist, and that it shouldn't complain, OR it isn't started
with -a (that is LOWERCASE -a) which will cause it to not start if you
have no valid credentials.

It appears that whoever set it up in Fedora15/16 (I just upgraded from
14) has it as -A and not -a. I use kerberos so, it really doesn't affect
me. You may want to file a bug.

Trever
--
I love dogs, but I hate Chihuahuas. A Chihuahua isn't a dog. It's a rat
with a thyroid problem. -- Unknown