Remote access

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 14 14:33:49 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 13:58 +0200, J.Witvliet at mindef.nl wrote:
> So, if the OP asks his admin to allow him the access, and is refused,
> I think it is perfectly legitimate to DIY and pierce a connection
> through.
>
> Best, :-)
> Marko

Quite how you come to that conclusion, I don't know.  If you're refused
permission, then that's the *opposite* from being legitimate to try to
do so.  Not only did you originally discover that it was blocked, you're
being outright told that it's not allowed.

In some places, flouting such rules is grounds for dismissal, perhaps on
the first and only instance you get caught.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.