Remote Access

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Oct 14 19:36:16 UTC 2011

On 10/14/2011 11:50 AM, Bill Perry wrote:
> The computer security guys were somewhat arrogant, they basically said
> if you can figure out a way around our firewalls, go ahead, but we won't
> create a hole for you.
>
> A couple of days later I had the remote access going and I showed them
> how it worked. They were amazed, but just shrugged and said "cool!, Can
> I have a copy of that script?"

That doesn't come across as arrogant to me.  It sounds more like, "We
aren't allowed to help you, but we're not going to try to stop you either."

And, I just figured out the correct response to anybody who thinks it's
legitimate to do something like this "because I think I need it" even
after being told that it's against company policy:

"What *was* your username?"
<clickedy-click!>