restricted shell

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:25:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 2:00 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mellertson at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may want to look at the -r option of bash, or bash invoked as
> rbash. Unfortunately, there are ways to get around the restrictions
> of rbash, or most other restricted shells.

Although the OP specifically asked for a restricted shell, I believe
using SUDO is the right way to go. If the OP is looking to allow only
a small group of admin commands, creating a command group and adding
the new user to that group should do the trick.

> Mikkel

HTH

--
Suvayu