HELP!!! System messed up!

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 19:58:21 UTC 2011

On Mon October 17 2011, suvayu ali wrote:

> If you want to salvage your data, I would recommend ddrescue. It
> worked wonderfully for me.

Thanks. It's not that bad. Yet. I just know that SMARTD is apparently
telling me that the drive is failing. I don't have a replacement yet, but
hopefully I'll have one in the next day or so. Then I have to figure out how
to get the data to the new drive and make it the boot drive (my boot drive
is a small PATA drive and it's the one that is failing!)