Run SCO OpenServer in a VM?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sun Oct 23 20:34:28 UTC 2011

I have a friend who is running his business on an old OpenServer machine, and
would love to be able to just run a copy in a VM. The issue is that it talks to
the old serial terminals through a multiport card. Any hope that I could get KVM
to provide usable serial ports to the VM using a modern card? Or even not so
new, I have a case of unused "HUB6" cards and would be glad to find a home for
one, since modem pools are not a big thing anymore.

I last did SCO admin for a living in 1993, and have done little but Linux since,
so I'm not right on top of this OS any more :-(

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>