Unable to ssh nodes with global IP

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 03:07:35 UTC 2011

On Monday 24 October 2011 03:35:12 Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 10/24/2011 10:18 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> > P.S. Sorry folks, just couldn't resist... :-D No hard feelings, Ed! :-)
>
> No hard feelings.... But.....
>
> ISP ≠ Employer

Oh, so if they are paying you, it's unethical to break the firewall, but if you
are paying them, then it's perfectly ok to do so?

Silly me, how did I forget that people's ethics and rules of behavior depend
on the direction of the money flow... ;-) Not to mention that the arguments of
security and "rules are there for a reason" work only if you are on the
receiving side of that flow...

None of this is directed particularly to you Ed, it's just that sometimes I
almost enjoy losing an argument in a discussion, just to be able to explore
the ultimate level of sanity of the counter-argument.

P.S. For the OP: in case you missed that previous thread I reffered to, here's
the link:

   http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2011-October/406090.html

Maybe you'll find some useful advice there, at least practical if not
philosophical. ;-)

Best, :-)
Marko