F15 - Apache and PHP

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Tue Oct 25 21:30:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

For the past month or two, I have been developing a web site on my
laptop using Apache 2.2.21 with PHP 5.3.8 on Fedora 15.  Everything was
working as expected until a few days ago.  One day, my Apache HTTPD
server stopped processing the PHP code in the files with "php"
extensions, the very files that worked correctly the day before.

I have gone over all the changes that I have made to php.ini (made no
changes to the httpd configuration files).  I am not sure what changed
to cause Apache to pass the PHP code in the HTTP response back to the
browser.  It is possible that my system was updated using yum via
yumex.  There are no signs of errors in the httpd error_log or messages log.

At the moment, my browser is receiving the full PHP files including the
embedded php code.

Any suggestions on how to fix or find the cause of this problem are welcome.

--
   Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: /"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it
to change; and the realist adjusts the sails."/
      -- Anonymous