Gdm removed when sugar WM removed

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Wed Oct 26 00:17:12 UTC 2011

On 10/23/2011 09:24 AM, Mark LaPierre wrote:
> On 10/23/2011 04:42 AM, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> I installed Sugar as additional Windows Manager, but when I removed all
>> sugar group also gdm was removed, so I couldn't restart graphically.I
>> had to start in text mode, and re-install it.
>> I suppose that this is not correct, but what is wrong??
>>

> When you removed the entire group you also took GDM with it because it's
> part of the group.  All you need to do it reinstall GDM to get your
> graphical log in back.

How about this for a solution?  Make a group for install that contains
the gdm and a group for remove that does not contain gdm.  Then yum
would only have to know if it was doing an install or a remove to get
the right group.

Maybe a label field in the group file that yum could check.  Label gdm
as install only.  Then yum would know to ignore gdm when removing this
group.

--
    °v°
   /(_)\
    ^ ^  Mark LaPierre
Registerd Linux user No #267004
www.counter.li.org
****
In a free world without fences, who needs gates.
**
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today.
**
To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it.
To mess up an MS Windows box, you just need to *look* at it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****