how do I play this file?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Sep 1 06:42:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011, Manuel Escudero wrote:

> What happens if you open the original file (no suffix changed) with VLC?

[hennebry at localhost Desktop]$ vlc B*
VLC media player 1.1.11 The Luggage (revision exported)
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_ADDRESS")
Blocked: call to unsetenv("DBUS_ACTIVATION_BUS_TYPE")
[0x85ac8fc] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use
'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")
[swf @ 0xb723a5c0]Compressed SWF format not supported
Warning: call to srand(1314387065)
Warning: call to rand()
Blocked: call to setlocale(6, "")

(process:14151): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
 	Using the fallback 'C' locale.
[swf @ 0x8671410]Compressed SWF format not supported
[0x8667ff4] avformat demux error: av_open_input_stream failed
[0x8667ff4] ps demux error: cannot peek
[0xb740062c] main input error: no suitable demux module for
`file/:///home/hennebry/Desktop/B3F23B4Ed01'

> I'm just guessing but it is possible it's a FLA file... You'll need a
> Windows program
> to change the format to SWF and then play it in firefox inside Linux

Giving it a .fla suffix doesn't help firefox play it.
Since I got it from firefox's Cache,
I don't understand why firefox can't play it.
This isn't the first file that's given me this problem.
I didn't solve it then either.

> That's my best idea Hummm can you attach me the Original file
> so I can figure it out? Thanks.

20k coming your way shortly.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.