GNOME 2 on Fedora 15

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 1 13:12:30 UTC 2011

Tim:
>> And how are you going to remember them all?  Or have enough keys to
>> give everything a unique hotkey.
>>
>> I can only ever remember a few from a few applications, never all of
>> the functions I might want to use.  Years ago, I did add hotkeys to
>> run programs, and only ever ended up remembering about five.

Steve Underwood:
> Maybe he'd like to type Chinese on a keyboard with 15,000 keys. :-\

I've often wondered how such languages are typed.  Whether the keys
pressed to construct a character relate to drawing certain shaped lines
in certain places (a stroke here, a stroke there), some sort spelling
out the word that the character represents, or some other cryptic
code...

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686